Sunday, July 29, 2007

Only Summer


GerbDEJy07
Originally uploaded by kage2007
DaughterJ showed me how to reset my very simple camera to get a better close-up, so I was really excited to see it turn out like this! It may be one of my last as my LCD screen now looks like a broken window, but I don't have time to mess with that right now (yes, later). I'm back from vacation where I did spot a couple new Wisconsin wildflowers and reacquainted myself with ones I noted a year ago or so. This Gerbera is not a wildflower, but I did try to over-winter it one year. It was a tough one, needing lots of attention (like watering). It made it through the winter but never really came back. Maybe it wasn't my fault. So, I'll just buy a new one each spring and enjoy it for a season. Right now it has two flowers, and I try to be very patient waiting for each one. Such delight.

No comments: