Sunday, July 8, 2007

Fond of Calla Lilies


CallaL07
Originally uploaded by kage2007
This is the first time I've ever planted calla lilies; I never thought I could up in the great north woods (Wisconsin). I had been out walking last year and had to get closer to something growing in the daycare planter--it was calla lilies!! Wow, I never even thought about the idea before. So, when I was 225 miles south and spotted a container at a nursery this spring, I picked one up. The label showed a variety of colors, but only yellow have come up; that's ok. I first became aware of calla lilies when I chose a long-stem calla for my wedding flower; it was a good choice. I have been fond of them ever since. Now I just have to remember to dig it up this fall, along with the Dahlias and Glads and Orchid Tulips and...

No comments: