Thursday, July 5, 2007

Just Not Meant to Be


ScentedGer07
Originally uploaded by kage2007
There's a spot on my driveway between my garage door and the gate that always lacked something to make it remarkable. I tried plant stands and pots, and after 18 years at this home, I must say THIS was it! It was just not meant to be. The day after it was up, the wind took the stems and pushed them this way and that (which I then staked). Several days later, while practicing his pitching, my into-5th-grade son found his mark. He and hub tried to repair it (see the glue gun glue?), but, again, it was just not meant to be. At first I thought it had just cracked and broke after years of use, but they pointed out the glue which I hadn't even noticed. I'm glad I snapped the photo; it may be my favorite of the year (it's my desktop background)! And I may get another planter eventually (right now there's one pot there), but I'm not in a hurry. For scented geraniums, they don't have much of a scent (nutmeg?), but I like how airy they are, and I have always liked the flowers. Whenever something of mine would get broken, I'd chant "I can't have anything," but that's the way the world is (especially with kids and a hub), so I'll just keep the memories for now.

No comments: