Monday, July 9, 2007

Coming Up Daisies!


Daisies&Chair07
Originally uploaded by kage2007
I don't remember planting all these daisies (Ox-eye, wild), but I do remember digging a plant or two from the field years ago and then never seeing it again. I don't know; I'm just going with the flow. They look great for quite some time, and I pull what I don't want. There is also more than enough to pick and bring in; they could smell a little more lovely than they do (actually, they don't smell lovely at all!). It's the only area in my yard that I let go a little wild, so I'm still working on filling in gaps (like when the daisies die out); I planted a few Hostas last year and just today planted Baby's Breath by that little bird house by the chair. It looks great, and I hope it comes back next year (I've planted it before). I'll have to mark it well--with more than just the plastic markers that break off. The fence is to keep the dog out and protect the calla lilies; you can just barely see them (yellow). The fun of gardening. The fun of change.

No comments: