Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Lamppost Garden, Always in Planning


LamppostG07
Originally uploaded by kage2007
I like the location of this garden, but it has not given me a lot of satisfaction over the years. Once I planted the Hydrangea, the garden got a better rating; the Hostas were grand until hub chopped into them a couple years ago. The Liatris doesn't always make a grand show, but the drought-tolerant, disease-resistant rose on the other end does. Last year I added the rose stone and Speedwell and another (fluffy) plant. This year I've added a variety of sedums to the drain end (which isn't really needed and makes a speed bump in my driveway. Last night, almost in the dark, I planted some Russian Sage; turns out it's the smaller version, but we'll see if it makes a statement. I used to plant Alyssum by seed along the edge, and I've tried Gazanias which were nice but small. Always a garden in the planning, I guess.

No comments: