Friday, July 6, 2007

Lemon Tree #2

I had shied away from buying a citrus tree for a couple years as I thought they were quite expensive (perhaps considered a luxury when one has kids); but maybe I had wished hard enough, or talked in my sleep, or circled it enough times in a catalog as hub bought me one several Christmases ago. Such delight! The fruit it produces are small, tart oranges--perfect for making marmalade (which I don't like) or tricking those that don't know! This last year I was gifted with a Meyer lemon tree, and it, too, has been a treat. They both produce beautiful and fragrant flowers (can't bottle this!) that hang on long enough to be truly admired. It has made owning them well worth any cost and care (they do like to be misted). Seeing the buds puts me in such a state of anticipation, and that's exactly where I am right now as I await all the flowers on the orange tree. Now you'll know what's putting the smile on my face or why I've always got my nose next to a mini tree. Simple pleasure!

No comments: