Saturday, June 30, 2007

Feng Shui

I don't really have a feng shui garden, but I have a patch under a dying Poplar Tree that gives me that feeling of calm when I look at it (especially if there are no weeds and my dog hasn't been digging in it). The Bleeding Hearts (I'm breathless in spring) I planted three years ago have gone crazy, as have the Malva (blooming now) which may have taken a year or two longer. The whole thing is bordered with hostas and edged with rocks that have been unearthed. Add to that my first bowling ball (which cracked this last winter); I was going to sell it at my Annual Rummage-O-Rama, but then I found people were actually LOOKING for bowling balls to put in their gardens. Why not? I was gifted with a garden decoration that holds a candle, so that's where the fire would be. I have no source for water but have thought about it. I could have a better place to sit and enjoy it, but for now I do take a moment to view it from the deck and whenever I pass by. I have to redo the rocks every year to keep it crisp, but it doesn't really take that much time. Tomorrow I'll snap a picture...and maybe even get it posted! Hopefully the feng shui will still be with me after that!

No comments: