Saturday, August 11, 2007

Rusty Daisy


metalDEndJy07
Originally uploaded by kage2007
I didn't know when I purchased this metal daisy this spring at the Master Gardener's day-long event that it would get rusty. Perhaps due to the surprise, I wasn't immediately taken to it, but soon I decided that I liked the contrast in colors--and even the juxtaposition of life and death. And that does it; I finally used the word "juxtaposition" (I can't tell you how many times I heard it from professors in college). And I amuse myself.

1 comment:

Vicki Knitorious said...

Usually, they rust 'em up before they sell 'em! I guess I'd have been surprised, too. I'm even more surprised that, at the time of purchase, you were given no indication that this would happen.

(Neener-neener... I get to go see a brand new little baby today!)